HW # 1
Invoice Total Project
Due at noon on Friday of Week
You will make a new C# project by following along
in your book on page 54 (Exercise 2-1). Read chapters 1 & 2 really well
before making your application.
The purpose of this project is to see if you
can create an app on your own, rename the controls, and zip it up
and send it to me. Your app does not have to calculate anything.... I
just want you to create an app that is like the one on page 41. You
do not have to make it calculate anything!
When completed, you should know the
- You will know how to transfer a project from
home to school or to me in email.
- You understand how to add controls and name
- You start getting used to making a nice User
- Begin to understand how C# & Windows work
- I want you to know how to set simple
HW # 2
Data Entry (15 pts)
Due at noon on Friday of Week 5
project, I want you to make a program that collects simple data. You are to create a
one-form application that will gather the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
the types of controls you need to make this.
You must include the following features:
- The form must start in the
center of the screen.
- You must have a nice title for your form.
- There must be an END button
that stops your program.
- You need another button that will
display a message box when
they click it. The message needs to say "Thanks for shopping Ron
Kessler". (Be sure to replace my name with the name that is
entered into the form!)
- All the fonts/colors/alignments must look
clean and orderly.
- Be sure to add comments and document the
form with your name and creation date, etc.
I am looking for the style, layout, font, and
creativity on this assignment.
HW # 3
Simple Data Calculation (15 pts)
Due at noon on Friday of
For this project, make me a form that collects
the following information:
- Price of an item
- Quantity purchased
- Sales Tax (8%)
- Total Due
Your project must include the
Be sure to comment and document your project.
- A button that can be clicked to compute the
- The sub-totals & tax, & total due must be
- The totals must be formatted to look like
- You must use the correct variable types in
HW # 4
noon on Friday of
Now you are going to show off your
creativity! I want you to make a project that sells me something. Make me a form for
selling something you are interested in. You can sell anything you want. I will be
grading you on:
- How cool your interface is.
- How functional the program is.
- The number of features you have.
- How well the program runs.
- How nice your code is.
- You must calculate a price, sales tax, and
total due using variables to get full credit.
I want you to have fun with this one. So start
working on it early!